The original building called Wear Park is thought to date back to the thirteenth century, however it was purchased by Admiral Sir Thomas Duckworth in 1804 who rebuilt the house and re-named it Wear House. The Exeter Golf & Country Club’s history at Wear House dates back to 1929.
What is the Catenian Association?
The Catenian Association consists of a group of Catholic gentlemen who meet socially once a month for the free exchange of views, and to help and encourage one another and their families in their social, professional and business lives. It was founded in Manchester in 1908 and now has 10,500 members throughout the UK and overseas in Australia, Africa, Malta, Hong Kong and Ireland.